Ledger Controller - new position for a growing business based in Willenhall, Wolverhampton.
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Wolverhampton-based business to appoint a Ledger Controller to their team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a highly-successful organisation in a role that will shape and develop the processes across both sales & purchase ledgers.
Your focus will be to support the AP & AR functions of the business, with a view to assisting with long-term process and timetable improvements.
- Handling the day to day operations of the AP & AR functions
- Keeping up to date with reconciliations, queries and other outstanding issues for month & year end requirements
- Ensuring all the more "hands on" tasks are covered, including invoice processing, cash allocation and any associated query resolution
- Credit control
- Bank & statement reconciliations
- Escalating more complex issues and offering solutions to process bottlenecks
This is a permanent opportunity that will offer a fantastic challenge for a candidate who is motivated by change and a chance to demonstrate their skills in process improvement. Salary ranges from £23-28k per annum plus benefits, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in a role as AP/AR assistant in a larger organisation
- Strong Excel
- A strong understanding of end-to-end purchase/sales ledger functions and processes
- Exposure to system updates and process improvement
- Strong communication skills, able to support other members of staff
- Hands on capabilities, willing to clear backlogs and assist with more repetitive tasks
Please click apply, or call Jo Payne on 07813 608579 for more details.