£34000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + plus package
about 1 month ago
Our client, a global FMCG manufacturer of household name brands, is looking to expand their engineering function with a lead site engineer responsible for leading multi-skilled maintenance activities. You will be responsible for all manufacturing maintenance activities within your area of responsibility. You will ensure all plant and equipment are maintained, whilst maintaining high levels of continuous improvement.
- Ensure appropriate resources, assets and time is available for the application of a systematic approach to manufacturing maintenance which uses performance indicators to routinely deliver targets and drive performance improvement.
- All items of plant and equipment are maintained to the appropriate standards to ensure their performance is safe, reliable and in accordance with the principles of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice).
- Monitor operational efficiency of all plant and equipment, identifying areas of underperformance or opportunity and implement plans to deliver improvement.
- Monitor plant reliability and capability to identify areas of issue or opportunity and implement plans to deliver improvement.
- Be the key point of contact for the site engineering team within the area for the implementation of NPD\EPD and new equipment installations
- Establish and improve maintenance management systems and procedures to meet all appropriate needs
- Ensure that a uniform approach to maintenance issues is maintained across the site and shifts
- Advise, coach and set goals and targets for the maintenance team
- Implement policies and procedures within company guidelines and site rules
- Continuous Improvement
- Either Degree in Engineering, HNC/ HND qualified or apprenticeship trained with experience
- 2-3 years' experience in a FMCG operation, preferably in a "high care" environment such as pharmaceutical, healthcare, household or food
- Line management experience in same\similar environment.
- Knowledge and application of UK regulatory standards
- Knowledge and application of ISO14001, OHSAS18001 ISO9001 standards
- Understanding and experience in application of a CMMS system
- Knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing process and its criticality to the product quality
- Good IT skills with familiarity of word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and planning software
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to lead a crucial part of a highly skilled and professional team, working for a global brand, then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV.
Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position