£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Our client, a leading rail systems development company is looking for a Lead Electrical Design Engineer to support signalling works on their rail systems development team.
Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer the Lead Design Engineer will direct and support activities to achieve the safe implementation of signalling projects to the customer's specifications and timescales agreed.
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing are met and effect remedial action when required
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for all projects. Evaluate quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available deal for the Company
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation if projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Participate in planning and programming of resources to meet the requirements of allocated projects
- Identify the required programme provision for allocated projects to enable target dates to be met
- Assist in the forecast of resource requirements necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Perform duties as directed by management from time to time, including site works
- Safety responsibility in terms of Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (essential)
- Previous experience in Railway Signalling Systems (essential)
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch to discuss!
*You must hold the right to work to apply for this position.