Up to £75000.00 per annum + PLUS benefits
about 2 months ago
Lead Architect - Stoke On Trent - Up to £75K
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with an organisation who are looking for a Lead Architect to join them in a time of transformation. Reporting to the Head of IT, the Lead Architect is responsible for the leadership of the team of architects, driving architectural coherence across multiple delivery workstreams, and for setting and implementing architectural strategies within the organisation.
This would be a perfect role for a Solutions Architect looking to step up into a Lead position.
Experience applying TOGAF and ITIL principles and practices would be ideal.
- Deliver and maintain the reference target architectures, and architectural change plan to ensure the most effective use of technology and digital services across the business whilst delivering the required business outcomes. This to incorporate at least application, infrastructure, data and security within its scope.
- Use governance bodies to ensure strategic and discrete change objectives as well as end of commercial and technical life expiry opportunities are fully exploited to progressively deliver alignment with reference target architectures. Ensure any agreed technical debt is maintained and incorporated into all business case considerations.
- Act as an authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with industry best practices
- Responsible for the definition, design and interpretation of technical architecture artefacts
- Embed architecture services into all stages of the project lifecycle to ensure delivery is in line with architectural objectives incorporating considerations of: strategic alignment, impact analysis and sizing, high and low level design delivery and assurance and overall risk management.
- Lead the determination and creation of the appropriate: frameworks, standards, artefacts and approach to be adopted, in the translation of this architecture into working solutions
- Leverage architectural skills knowledge and accountabilities within all 3rd party partners to ensure maximal contribution to all architectural activities through the creation of a virtual architectural team
- Work with the Head of IT to develop business wide technology investment planning and provide necessary support for operational stability and performance goals
- Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships across the business to ensure the strategy is understood has the widest possible sponsorship
- Ensure strong architectural best-practice knowledge through continuing personal development of yourself and the architecture team
Essential knowledge & Skills
- Proven and substantive track record of leading an architecture function in a fast changing business where technology is centric to success.
- Proactive Team player
- Experience in reviewing and selecting Technical and Applications Architecture solutions
- Experience of supporting procurement of IT products and services.
- Experience of architecting Azure cloud native solutions and exploitation of the benefits of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Experience of working with 3rd party Technical and Application Architects and deploying best practice integration technologies to minimise the total cost of ownership
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical skills
- Strong strategic planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to "think strategically" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology
- Ability working within pressurised environments whilst making decisive decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of senior executive/leadership engagement
- Ability to manage through organisational change.
- Keen attention to detail
Coming from a retail / utilities background would be a bonus.
Please apply asap if interested. GleeIT