Our client, a leader in the aerospace forging, machining, and assembly markets is looking for several laboratory technicians to work within their materials and metrology department.
The technicians will provide the necessary support to all areas of the laboratory to ensure routine release testing and first article reports are completed on time. This will require the technician to undertake preparation of test specimens (mechanical and metallographic) and conduct testing (when approved on the skills matrix). The technician will be able to work unsupervised and manage their workload after the necessary training has been completed.
- The technician will provide support to all areas of the laboratory - machining, mechanical testing, chemistry, and metallurgy.
- The technician will support the senior members of the laboratory with other ad hoc duties as required - e.g data entry, filing etc.
- Machining of test samples - lathe, CNC, milling, band sawing.
- Metallographic preparation and testing - macro and micro.
- Mechanical testing - tensile, impact, fracture toughness, bend.
- Chemical analysis, hydrogen testing.
- Cover ad hoc duties as required.
- Closely follow technical procedures.
Technical skills & experience required:
- Machining skills - lathe, milling, CNC.
- Metallographic preparation.
- Mechanical testing.
- High level of accuracy
- Able to use Microsoft office
- Training can be provided to suitable applicants.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a small but highly skilled team within a niche but fast-growing sector then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position - and hold a valid UK passport due to the travel requirements of this role.