Birmingham, West Midlands
about 2 months ago
GRG are pleased to be working in partnership with West Midlands Growth Company who are seeking a Key Account Manager to support in driving the key objectives set within the Strategic Economic Plan.
Working closely within the Business Attraction team, you will be responsible for the business expansion projects for the DIT (Department of International Trade) Key Account Management contract, supporting in the planning and delivery of the programme of engagement with 100 strategic Foreign Direct Investment business across the Midlands.
This is a fixed-term contract until March 2023, and will be hybrid working from Birmingham offices and working remotely.
Key Outline of the Role:
- Take full accountability of the programme implementation within account management, identifying, promoting and securing inward investment within the West Midlands region from foreign direct investors.
- Take responsibility of the project's relationship with stakeholders, working across both LEPs and Local Authorities investment teams
- Management of existing portfolio of accounts, and identification of expansion opportunities, through working collaboratively to attract, support and grow accounts
- Completion of monthly reports and presentation to board to analyse progress with all stakeholders
- Identification of staff retention support requirements within the accounts
- Tracking management of key target list and reviewing action points as required
- Providing administrative support to the wider team as required
- Develop and deliver an intelligence-led, account management and investor development plan aimed at securing expansion within target portfolio accounts
- Engagement with key industry associations and trade bodies
- Attend planned lead generation and marketing activities to showcase DIT's and WMGC unique relationship as well as leveraging university and commercial partners
- Monitor, review and refine individual business development strategies, together with marketing and communications programmes to fully exploit business opportunities both for the targeted business and for the wider benefit of the region
- Efficiently use and regularly update CRM systems to ensure regular and effective evaluation of activity across the project between all associated parties
- Regular project budget reviews with the finance team to ensure funding and spend is on track. Secure the project annual contract with all stakeholders by demonstrating value and success
To be successful in this role:
- Demonstrable experience within a business development, relationship management and account management role
- Strong commercial acumen, credible and ability to build and nurture strong working relationships across senior stakeholders in both private and public sectors
- Effective communicator and presentation skills; the ability to articulate ideas at all levels within a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to demonstrate building partnerships
- Evidence of a well-developed knowledge and understanding of the strategic issues around sustainable economic development and place marketing