£50000.00 - £50050.00 per annum + benefits
about 1 month ago
Are you a strategic procurement professional looking for an opportunity to develop your career? How would you like to work for a well known FMCG organisation with lots of opportunity to progress and grow?
I am recruiting for a strategic Junior Category Manager based in Shropshire, to work within a Group Procurement Function and take the lead on a number of key category areas.
This is an excellent opportunity where you will have ownership of your own categories and create category and sourcing strategies to procure fit for purpose materials, services and capital equipment that deliver value. You will act as a business partner to internal stakeholders and will engage and work closely with them whilst advocating the procurement function. You will manage your own spend area and develop categories whilst ensuring procurement policies and procedures are followed closely. You will manage suppliers and implement framework agreements and contracts
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience as category buyer or similar role that requires commercial expertise
- Solid knowledge of category management
- Strategic procurement experience
- Experience of procuring capex, MRO or engineering consumables/spares
- An analytical mind with the ability to think and act strategically
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Knowledge of SAP or Ariba is beneficial
- CIPS qualification or willingness to undertake this
This role is an exciting position that will be involved in a number of new and exciting projects with this organisation. The salary on offer for this is position is circa £50,000 to £55,000 plus benefits. If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.