High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits
9 months ago
My well-established client based near High Wycombe are growing at an unprecedented rate and are interested in hiring a Junior Accountant to join their team. Initially this is for a 12 month maternity leave cover with the opportunity to move to a permanent role. As the business is growing at pace this role offers the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the finance team to gain a broad experience. The ideal candidate will have a head for numbers, experience with MS Excel, and strong analytical skills. The Junior Accountant will report directly to the Financial Controller and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, initially your tasks will include:
- Assisting in the month end close and reporting including posting of journal entries for marketing accruals, payroll, revenue, prepayments and other items
- Accounts payable invoice transaction processing and payment runs
- Manage and resolve vendor queries and invoice discrepancies
- Maintain and record fixed assets
- Analyse and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
- Process expenses and be the go-to person for internal queries
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects
You will posses the ability to take on the following tasks throughout the first 12 months:
- Accounts receivable and credit control
- VAT, Intrastat and EC sales reporting
- Build and implement sound financial controls
CFO, Financial Controller and US Finance & Operations Manager
You are: Personable. Proactive. Independent, Questioning. Outgoing. Fearless. Driven and comfortable with ambiguity.
You are Brilliant at: Relationships, Multi-tasking, Attention to detail, Organising, Planning, Communicating.
Your skills and experience:
- Part qualified accountant and/or 2+ years of related experience or recent graduate with a relevant finance/accounting degree
- Hands on experience working with general ledgers
- Can do, proactive attitude to own tasks/projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Xero and/or SAP B1 knowledge (useful but not necessary)
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
To thrive in You will have a can-do attitude with a flexible working approach and strong team working mentality. My client offers the opportunity for advancement for the right candidate, and a competitive salary.
For further information on the role of Junior Accountant please contact me directly.