Java Technical Lead - Distribution + Supply Chain Automation - £70K
(Remote role - with some client travel in Midlands)
Working for an organisation which helps companies with complex distribution operations meet customer promises in distribution strategy, distribution centre operations, material handling automation, supply chain systems and warehouse execution.
The primary focus of the Software Development Lead will be to support the Software Development Manager in Application Development projects assigned as well as closely collaborate with the project delivery team, the development team(s) and internal colleagues in order to meet the specified requirements of a project. This position is also responsible for facilitating, prioritising and fostering communications for internal and external Clients.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Communicate to software developers in Vietnam and drive the team executing Application Development effectively
- Creating and managing the development plan for Application Development projects to ensure the triple constraint for projects
- Responsible for the software quality of the projects.
- Liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Identifying, managing and controlling the change control process both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating with the Software manager to define and develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Acting as a mentor and leader to other developers on the team.
- Assisting in reviewing and analyzing existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then developing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Researching and making recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Designing, developing and testing enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
- Proven experience in software development, programming design and systems management
- In-depth experience with some mix of Java, Socket Programming, RPM Package Manager, auto-build tools, SQL and Oracle, DLL plug-in libraries in C++, pthreads, XML, XSLT and ActiveMQ
- Overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions incorporating project leadership and people leadership experience
- Knowledge of Java Frameworks e.g. Spring Boot, Camel
- Experienced with SQL, Oracle RDMS (Rational Database Management System) and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with any UNIX OS commands
- Must have experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experienced with JMS (Java Message System) with emphasis on Apache MQ
- Experienced with JPA (Java Persistence API) with emphasis on Hibernate
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices and methodologies
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Linux, Microsoft Windows
Great company culture, perks and benefits. Please apply asap if interested.