£40000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Test Analyst to join a globally recognised organisation.
Overview of the role:
This position will perform all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) testing activities; which includes,
but is not limited to, all requirements analysis as it pertains to the development and maintenance of the
Requirements Traceability Matrix, development of test plan/test cases, execution of functional and system
integration tests, and test defect reporting. Detailed hands on knowledge of automation testing using HPE UFT /
QTP (Quick Test Pro) is required including experience with manual testing. Software tester should be able to
understand application functionality and company business quickly.
- Design and execute test plan, test cases based on the specification and use cases.
- Perform functional and system integration testing.
- Work closely with developers and testers to identify and duplicate reported problems.
- Write and maintain traceability matrix to reflect test coverage.
- Analyze the test results and present the findings to individuals and groups.
- Identify issues on complex test objects and recommend solutions based on test result analysis.
- Generate the necessary test data for different stages of testing.
- To plan how work is to be carried out to meet targets of the project or team task.
- The post holder will also be required to respond to out-of-hours critical support issues, as appropriate.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to understand business processes and relate them to technical solutions
- Experience using Quality Center/ Rational tool for testplanning, execution, and defect management
- Ability to understand data models (physical and logical) and create test data for them from different sources
- Experience in testing Java web applications and Oracle (Apex) web applications.
- Candidate should be proficient in MS Office (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- UML experience to understand use cases and write test cases