Walsall, West Midlands
Up to £50000.00 per annum + car + benefits
about 2 months ago
Are you an experienced IT Procurement Manager? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge, where you can join a growing department in a newly created role?
I'm recruiting for an IT Procurement Manager to join this Walsall based organisation. The role offers flexibility and will be a mix of office and home working. There is a real focus on improving technology within this organisation which has resulted in this newly created IT Procurement Manager role.
You will be responsible for the procurement of fit for purpose technology, you will manage spend and key suppliers, and service levels by guiding procurement processes and contract negotiations. You will be the IT specialist within the team, working in partnership with the IT function to understand budgets and project plans and will also work with other departments to assist with technology projects.
Your key responsibilities will include identifying opportunities to generate efficiencies and improve cost, leading the end-to-end procurement and vendor management, leading and manage RFPs as well as being a pivotal part of the organisation's sustainability plan to include ethical and responsible sourcing.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following:
- Previous experience in managing IT procurement in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial negotiation and supplier management experience with a track record delivering cost savings, service improvements, and supplier innovation
- Proven stakeholder influencing skills and experience in supplier development and commercial cost reduction
- Practical knowledge of IT service agreements, Licensing and SAAS agreements
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Substantial time and project management skills
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or willing to work towards this
In return, you will receive a salary of circa £50,000 + car and benefits and study support if relevant.
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.