Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + benefits
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading financial services business in Birmingham in search of Investment Analyst. This new role offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to an exciting investment portfolio. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded investment analyst to join their business to support across front, middle and back-office functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Investment Analyst you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Strategic Input; monitoring markets with an eye on successful businesses, and be aware of the strategies implemented by the senior team, and provide any meaningful input where possible, and relevant, and if asked to do so.
- Origination; apply the identified strategies of the group, and source transactions, directly or via intermediaries
- Developing Pipeline; Commence and continue research and relationships into relevant sectors and geographies, and the intermediary market
- Business Plan Analysis and Building; Taking deals from origination through internal process and execution. Working with an Associate on all necessary work streams.
- Deal Execution; Day to day work involved in all aspects of a transaction through to handover to asset management team
- Fundraising link; Provision of investment performance/transaction target data to BD team and liaising with them to help the process of raising equity and source debt
- Partner and Equity sourcing; Provide any input, where relevant and asked to do so, on strategic partnering with equity and debt providers
The ideal candidate for this role will be ready to make their first move from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience with FS or experience in Corporate Finance, M&A, Deals, Restructuring, Transaction Services.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's on offer?
- Salary of £45,000/50,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!