Gleeson Recruitment Group have partnered with a highly successful energy sector service provider as they undergo significant growth that has created several new positions to add real value, resource and infrastructure to the business.
This rapidly growing business requires a qualified (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) Investment Accounting Manager to lead a team of investment accountants who provide comprehensive financial support to investment portfolios across the business.
You will manage a team focused on driving the financial performance and maximising returns of the investment portfolio across the business. The role will be based in Warwickshire but there will be continued flexibility to work from home two or three days a week.
- Act as the key finance stakeholder to the Portfolio Management Teams to ensure that project portfolio forecasts are always thorough, comprehensive and fully considered to incorporate accurate risk, and is consistent with the programme.
- Provide a review of performance to Senior Management and project teams, undertaking trend, variance analysis and critical evaluation to drive improved project performance.
- Support the Senior Project Managers in interpreting and understanding their portfolio - regulatory outcomes & financial performance.
- Ensure accuracy of actual costs incurred, that projects are accurately entered on company systems and ensure robust control systems are in place to maintain compliance and control requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that the accounts are submitted into company systems with supporting information in a timely manner
- Lead the implementation of adequate and standardised financial processes to forecast and report on business performance.
- Manage a team of investment accountants located across several different locations
- Accurate reporting of project actual, forecast and budget costs
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) with several years PQE
- Possess significant experience of reporting financial information, with a particular focus on investment and appraisal analysis.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a virtual team.
- Proven experience of planning, forecasting, and budgeting across a variety of projects.
- Confident in stakeholder management and working across teams to deliver objectives.
- Experience in delivering commercial decisions with relevant financial information.
- Be prepared to travel to sites on adhoc basis.