Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
I am pleased to be supporting the West Midlands Growth Company with their requirement for an International Markets Lead, this role will head up the development of an International Strategy for the West Midlands Growth Company, identifying the key market opportunities to attract inward investment.
As the successful International Markets Lead, you will take ownership of international intermediary and stakeholder engagement on behalf of the WMGC, including, but not limited to, the overarching relationships with important Department for International Trade posts and Markets teams.
- Performance manage and facilitate the performance of appointed delivery partners.
- Work closely with the Growth Company's sector leads and cross-programme events teams, to scope, plan and deliver a number of effective inward-investment in-market activations.
- Leverage the international footprint of key partners of the West Midlands Growth Company, including games sponsors, commercial partners and the region's universities, to drive awareness of the region's inward investment opportunities.
- Work closely with the senior management team at the West Midlands Growth Company to ensure consistent and effective achievement of contract objectives, providing flexible support to ensure the team targets are achieved.
- Undertake planned marketing and lead generation activities both nationally and internationally (trade fairs, exhibitions etc) to showcase the regional WMCA geography offer.
- Build influence across the region for WMGC through its inward programmes within Midlands Engine, DIT and other relevant national and international organisations and intermediaries to ensure that WMCA geography is perceived as a priority region for them to direct inward investment opportunities to.
- Take line management responsibility for a small team of Internationally focused business development professionals to include; recruitment, communication and engagement, performance management, development and coaching activities.
- Mentor and support other team members to ensure that international routes to market and opportunities are widely understood.
- Highly developed negotiating skills with the ability to influence investment decisions and secure cooperation for senior external stakeholders at the highest level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate ideas, issues, systems and procedures successfully at all levels to a variety of audiences.
- Proven line management capability.
- A deep understanding of cross-border trade and investment, including an up-to-date knowledge of the commercial drivers and barriers relating to international greenfield investment.
- A detailed understanding of the structure and role of the UK's Department for International Trade and its role in supporting inward investment into the UK.
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to build relationships with senior staff across the private and public sector.
- Significant experience of developing and executing successful international business development and/or account management strategies.
- Proven experience of driving strong business development performance from a remote-team or internationally distributed contractors.
- Knowledge of the structures and roles of relevant public bodies operating within the West Midlands region.
This is a remote working opportunity until a date is agreed for the West Midlands Growth Company workforce to return to the usual place of work at Baskerville House, Birmingham.