Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with an independent Non-Governmental Organisation to recruit for a Internal Communications Manager. This role is working with an international relief and development charity, based in Birmingham City Centre.
The Internal Communications Manager (ICM) is responsible for designing and implementing the day-to-day flow of timely updates, news and organisational communications across the charity namely between field offices, partners (and the international head office. The role of the ICM is to ensure existing internal communications processes, technologies and resources are well utilised and coordinated in order to improve cross-organisational communications and messaging to support.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Strong team-working and interpersonal skills, able to work in a collaborative manner and connect with people genuinely from a wide-range of backgrounds
- Strong ability to deliver complex information with clarity in a wide range of situations
- Able to work across different cultures, with personalities who face competing demands
- Sound financial and resource management
- Sound understanding of development and humanitarian work at an international-level
- Sensitive to the complexities in working with wide and diverse civil society coalitions
- Ability to work in a way that is discreet and maintains confidentiality
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous
- Experience of managing internal communications in a complex corporation or INGO
- Experience of developing and implementing internal communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness