Solihull, West Midlands
£50000 - £51000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you now qualified and looking to move on from practice? Do you want a role that gives you the autonomy to manage your own workload? Are you looking for a position where you will be working with the Finance Director and Managing Directors n a daily basis, allowing you to get the support you need to develop?
I am currently recruiting for an Internal Auditor for large multi-site organisation with their head office based in Solihull. This organisation has a few different arms to the business and you will be responsible for the internal audit of multiple operations within the wider company.
As Internal Auditor you will be responsible for:
- Planning internal audit reviews, including the development and agreement of audit scopes and logistics.
- Performing internal audit reviews at subsidiary businesses which assess and test the design and
- operating effectiveness of controls (both financial and non-financial).
- Documenting process flows and evidence in support of audit testing carried out.
- Identifying and documenting control deficiencies and assessing the severity of associated risks.
- Recommending cost-effective improvements which are agreed with management.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect the results of audit work performed.
- Tracking and verifying the completion of audit actions in accordance with timelines agreed with
- Performing ad-hoc project work relating to risk, control and assurance as it arises.
As Internal Auditor Ideally you will have:
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ ICEAW/ ICAS)
- Internal audit experience, preferably including exposure to the manufacturing sector and international operations.
- Integrity and sound independent judgement essential.
- Self-confident with strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate at all levels within the organisation as well as with external parties.
- Willing to undertake travel within the UK and overseas (c.40%), possibly at relatively short notice.
- Able to produce professional reports, written in a style suitable for presentation to senior management.
- Attention to detail but also ability to see the bigger picture.
- Computer literate with good spreadsheet skills.
- A self-starter with the desire to learn and ambition to progress further.
If you're keen on hearing more about this role please get in touch at or 07772863418