Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting an exciting and successful business based just outside of Birmingham who are recruiting for an Internal Audit Manager. This is a great opportunity for a first time mover from practice to join an interesting role that offers huge amounts of opportunity as well as flexibility around hours of work and working from home.
The role is to carry out internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Group, the individual will report directly to the Head of Internal Audit. The majority of the work is based in the UK, and is a mix of office and some home based work with travel to visit the individual business units.
Key Duties: Internal Audit Manager, Birmingham
- Taking ownership of internal audit reviews allocated from the Annual Audit Plan. Assessing risks present in a function or business process, designing an audit plan to test and examine the impact of the risks. Carrying out audit work and testing within agreed time frames and drafting the audit reports to be presented to management;
- Deliver audit findings to staff and senior management through audit close meetings and working with management to devise an action plan to mitigate the risks identified.
- Perform follow up on previous audits obtaining supporting documentation and clarification of how risks raised in the original audit have been mitigated. Once all audit points have been resolved, draft and issue a follow up report to management and the Audit Committee.
- Assisting in the preparation of audit committee papers each quarter.
- Maintain open communication channels with key senior members of the business to establish good relationships across the business and be available for professional advice should issues arise;
- Work alongside the Head of Internal Audit to devise the yearly audit plan
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit with ad hoc investigations, reporting and presentations, including responding to Audit Committee requests.
The successful Internal Audit Manager applicant: Birmingham
- Hold an accountancy or audit qualification and have experience in internal or external audit (ACA, IIA)
- Experience of IT system and Infrastructure auditing an advantage;
- Have a high level of computer literacy, a good working knowledge of business processes and controls.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- Be self-reliant and strongly motivated, able to work alone, demonstrate initiative and show a willingness to learn and develop;
For more information on this great Internal Audit Manager role that offers you both progression and flexibility please do get in touch