Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Car, PHC, pension
10 months ago
Are you looking for the next step in your Internal Audit career, perhaps your first move out of Practice?
Would you like to work for a well-known exciting multi-site retail business, with it's Head Office based in Birmingham, West Midlands?
Do you want to be part of a high achieving finance team, who are very well respected across the company; and who can offer excellent career progression?
This Internal Audit Manager role is a great opportunity to do so, with a genuinely interesting business who are also able to offer great flexibility.
The Internal Audit Manager role is vital in carrying out internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Group, reporting directly to the Head of Internal Audit. The majority of work is based in the UK, a mix of office and home-based work, with national travel to visit the individual business units (c60% of time). There will be occasional international travel to 2 sites (short haul). In return for the travel, there is a good amount of flexibility offered in the role.
The Internal Audit Manager responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of internal audit reviews allocated from the Annual Audit Plan.
- Assessing risks present in a function or business process, designing an audit plan to test and examine the impact of the risks.
- Carrying out audit work and testing within agreed timeframes and drafting the audit reports to be presented to management.
- Deliver audit findings to staff and senior management through audit close meetings and working with management to devise an action plan to mitigate risks.
- Perform follow up on previous audits obtaining supporting documentation and clarification of how risks raised in the original audit have been mitigated.
- Draft and issue a follow up report to management and the Audit Committee.
- Assisting in the preparation of audit committee papers each quarter.
- Maintain open communication channels with key senior members of the business to establish good relationships across the business and be available for professional advice should issues arise.
- Liaising closely with the wider Assurance team over various industry changes, legislation, news, business impact and ad hoc queries.
- Assist with the yearly audit plan.
- Ad hoc investigations, reporting and presentations, including responding to Audit Committee requests.
The successful Internal Audit Manager will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) and trained within a Big 4 or top 10 Accountancy Practice, with experience of internal or external audit.
You will have excellent working knowledge of business process and controls, and be able to demonstrate good a good understanding of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing.
In person the Internal Audit Manager role will require a self-reliant and strongly motivated individual to fill it, someone who can work well as part of a team as well as autonomously. You will be trustworthy, diligent and demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop.
As you will be constantly liaising with Senior Management Teams and operational staff across the business, you will need to be a confident, professional and effective communicator at all levels.
The successful Internal Audit Manager role will receive a salary of up to £50,000, plus a company car or car allowance (£5,000); private healthcare, contributory pension, good holiday allowance, and many other benefits to financially enhance your package. You will also be offered the opportunity to work from home as required, flexibility is offered as part of the package.
If you would like to apply for the Internal Audit Manager role based in Birmingham, West Midlands, or if you want further information on the business and the role, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert, or get in touch directly. Thank you.