Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + + Benefits
3 months ago
GRG Executive Search have been appointed by a Midlands based Professional Services organisation to find a first-class Interim Senior Project Manager to join a key strategic part of their company portfolio based out of their Birmingham office for a period of 7 months.
This is a great role for an experienced Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager following large scale transformation within the organisation. You will be responsible for the management and delivery of major projects, programmes and/or Portfolios within the company's overall Change Portfolio.
- Accountability for the controlled delivery of programmes/Portfolio's or large and complex projects spanning multiple functions, and business units.
- Design, initiate and lead a range of projects / programmes, building high performing project teams to enable the delivery to agreed scope, cost and timescales achieving the end business benefit.
- Respond quickly and decisively to tackle significant issues, keeping others focused and on track in agreeing and delivering effective countermeasures.
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders up to Board level.
- Secure buy-in and commitment from others both inside and outside of the project teams / programme framework in order to build positive working relationships and joint successes.
- Ensure that the Change Framework is followed by all projects within the Programme/Portfolio and all governance requirements are adhered to.
- Manage, coach and mentor the project team to up skill capability.
- Extensive programme management experience gained within a broad environment.
- Experience of managing a budget of c. £5m+.
- In depth knowledge of creating and implementing new processes, handoffs, and dependencies, including process improvement cycles.
- Significant understanding and application of public sector project environment including governance and assurance processes.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal.
- Experience in programme delivery, such as Prince2 practitioner, MSP practitioner, APMP or similar
- Competent in the use of various Microsoft packages.
- RAID (Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies).
The company are currently working remotely and will be operating a hybrid working pattern when restrictions are fully lifted, candidates must be willing to travel to the Birmingham office when needed.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.