Birmingham, West Midlands
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently looking to recruit a technically minded senior financial accountant to support the Financial Controller and wider accounting team as they accelerate upcoming projects. The role will initially be for 4 months but could extend for the right professional. The requirement is to start asap.
The successful interim senior financial accountant will be working for a highly acquisitive business that has weathered the current crisis well and is now forging ahead with additional projects. The client is based near to Birmingham Airport but the role is likely to be working remotely for the duration of assignment.
As the interim senior Financial Accountant, you will support the Financial Controller and the wider financial accounting team and will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of year end, statutory accounts production and audit as well as: -
- Providing general accounting and financial support to the Financial Controller and wider non finance teams
- Liaising with external and internal audit teams
- Subsidiary accounts
- Assisting with M&A
- Cashflow forecasting
- Assist the financial accounting team with ad hoc requests.
- Lead activities to design and implement robust controls.
As the successful interim senior Financial Accountant, you will ideally be:
- A fully Qualified Accountant. (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent
- Have previous experience of being responsible for year end and statutory accounts production.
- Have the ability to converse technical financial queries to both finance and non-financial stakeholders.
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful interim senior Financial Accountant:
- Salary of circa £70-80k dependant on experience