£14 - £18 per hour + + 25 days holiday + bens
3 months ago
Interim Senior Credit Controller - Newbury
Hybrid working - 1-2 days per week in the office
Car owner and full driving license needed due to rural location of our client's offices
£14 - 18ph + holiday pay
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and team spirited Interim Senior Credit Controller to join our client - who are a growing IT company based on the outskirts of Newbury, for this temporary role, initially for around 2-3 months with a high likelihood of extension. It is essential that you have worked in a close-knit finance team previously, and are able to offer some recent UK Credit Control experience.
We are seeking an energetic, professional and focused Credit Controller, with the key focus of this role looking after the UK ledger of around 400 accounts.
The successful Interim Senior Credit Controller will be responsible for:
- Chasing of outstanding debt by telephone, email and letter
- Working closely with the Credit Manager, within a Credit Team of 3, to work as a team to hit cash collection targets each month
- Offering an empatheic and customer-centric approach to their work
- Credit checking and setting of credit limits for new customers
- Logging disputes in the system, as and when required
- Issuing of copy invoices and statements
- Investigating and resolving all customer queries and requests, escalating where needed
- Support the internal aged debtor's letters system to ensure timely and accurate communication
- Matching unallocated cash and credit notes.
- Working closely with the wider finance team and the account mangers to resolve customer disputes.
- Providing commentary for monthly aged debt reporting and cash forecasting.
- Releasing orders as an when required
Key skills & competency requirements
- UK resident, and ideally fairly local to the Newbury location
- Recent and previous UK Credit Control experience
- Outgoing personality combined with excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with computer systems and good excel knowledge
- Good numeracy skills
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on companies who owe money
- Hard working with a drive to meet targets
- Adaptability and good problem solving skills
- Great organisation skills
- The ability to prioritise a heavy workload
This role would suit a candidate who is able to offer some recent Credit Control experience who is seeking an opportunity to work for an entrepreneurial Company, initially on a temporary basis. Full training on their IT systems and ongoing support will come in abundance but you must previously have worked in a Credit Control role.
Due to the Covid restrictions, my client offers hybrid working (1-2 days in the office), so ideally therefore, you will live within a commutable distance to the Newbury Office , and ideally you will be available at short notice to start this role.
Please contact me for further details on this exceptional Interim Credit Control role.