£600 - £800 per day + LTD
4 months ago
Interim Internal Audit & Risk Director - 6 Months - £600/800 per day - London or Milton Keynes
About the Role
The role of Interim 'Internal Audit and Risk Director' is an autonomous role that will report directly in to the CFO and board. Our large Infrastructure client will require the successful candidate to be an expert in internal audit and risk for a period of 6 months to support a permanent hire.
The role is not limited to the duties outlined below and will involve regular project work as required to support additional key areas of the business.
Duties will include, but not limited to;
- Implement and deliver the Internal Audit strategy
- Regular review of key policies, procedures, risks and controls
- Develop the resource necessary to implement strategy and to deliver the audit plan
- Coordinate assurance to the Audit Committee providing an overall opinion on the effectiveness of the Governance, Risk and Compliance framework
- Prepare the Internal Audit plan, in consultation with senior Directors, Managers taking account of the company's risk profile
- Liaise with Audit & Risk Committee
- Support major business change initiatives to confirm that organisational change projects with focus on risk and control.
- Investigate any breach of Code of Business Ethics company procedures
- Further develop and maintain the risk management process and framework
- Provide a holistic view and review of the risk profile of the business as well as oversight of the risk
- Member of relevant professional body
- 10 years relevant experience
- Substantial experience in audit, risk and corporate governance within a large infrastructure business
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence others
- Critical and flexible thinking