£350 - £450 per day
17 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working on an exclusive basis with the European FMCG arm of a US listed firm as they seek to appoint an Interim Plant Controller for two sites based in Western Europe.
The business in question has an established history stretching over 100 years and, in this time, has grown through both organic means and through an aggressive acquisition strategy.
The position will be based in the UK and will require travel once a month to the sites where you will be responsible for the financial oversight of manufacturing and distribution operations. This role has responsibility of two recently acquired operations and you will lead on cost accounting, state and local taxes, payroll accounting, financial and management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and internal controls.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Lead the accounting and finance function and be a key member of the site management teams for two manufacturing locations.
- Support the achievement of KPI's for the plants (Sales, Operating Income, Free Cash Flow, Working Capital).
- Support the plant leadership team in critical decisions, in any absence from the Plant GM.
- Prepare and execute the financial plan for the businesses.
- Provide support through business analysis, strategic oversight, identification of areas for improvement and management of key projects, including some operational and commercial projects.
- Manage the financial statement close process to timely and accurate completion while ensuring conformity with group accounting policies, procedures, and control requirements.
- Prepare forecasts, budgets, and ad hoc analysis.
- Develop and review metrics to determine the operational effectiveness of manufacturing operations and business processes.
- Ensure an accurate system of standard and actual costs is maintained and variance information is analysed to understand the operations in the region.
- Complete the timely preparation and filing of all property and local tax reports and payments.
- Support the completion of internal and external audits.
- Identify and lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of financial information, accounting systems and financial controls.
Our client is offering a hybrid & flexible working routine, please note that this position will require travel to the UK HQ (Midlands) and the two sites in Western Europe once a month. The position offers a daily rate of £350.00 to £450.00 (LTD/UMB) and a minimum contract length of 4 months (potential of an extension).