Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£450 - £550 per day + LTD
7 months ago
Interim Finance Director/Controller - Stoke - 3 Months - £450/£550 per day LTD
A Stoke-based manufacturing business is recruiting an experienced Interim Finance Director/Controller to join its team. The successful candidate will be reporting to the CFO and supporting the development of a best practice finance function while they appoint the permanent Finance Director.
The role will support the CFO to drive change and where required support the commercial development of the business and operate as a true business partner.
The role will be specifically responsible for the following:
- Driving the finance team to deliver financial results and information to the business in a timely and commercially-enhancing manner.
- Offering insightful advice on cash management, variances and other trends that might improve and enhance profitability and service delivery.
- Driving improvements to business information systems and period end deadlines.
- KPI development and reporting.
- Overseeing the production of statutory reports and monthly management accounts.
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Establishing and monitoring internal controls, cost drivers, and efficiency potential.
- Working closely with the IT team to develop more robust and streamlined processes and automation where appropriate.
The successful individual will have a strong track-record delivering strong financial management and control whilst supporting the commercial agenda in an Investor backed environment.
You will be a qualified accountant with exposure to delivering change ideally within an SME Engineering or Manufacturing environment.