Birmingham, West Midlands
about 1 month ago
A busy communications team in central Birmingham are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Media and External Communications on an interim basis.
The role will involve:
- Line management of 4 communications professionals
- Managing the day to day delivery of communications plans, ensuring that they are impactful and strategic in execution
- Having oversight of the press office function ensuring smooth and effective handling of all media calls both reactive and proactive.
- Manage and coordinate day to day Comms team operations - monitoring coverage, ensuring reactive calls are dealt with efficiently
- Ensure all Communications material is produced in a clear and well written/produced manner
- Oversee delivery and upkeep of the commissions digital footprint externally including the website, social media and the production of all publications
- Manage the business branding and corporate ID including taking responsibility for the design of all materials and publications to ensure consistency
The level of position requires a strong background in issue and reputation management and excellent team management skills.
The position is available with an immediate start.