Interim Head of Commercial Finance - 3 Months - £450/£550 per day LTD - Solihull
My client is a Solihull based, fast growth, private equity backed business. They are looking for an Interim Head of Commercial Finance to support the business through a handover period to the new permanent hire. Candidates from a fast paced retail or FMCG multi-site background will be best suited to this role. In brief you will cover high level analytics and commentary delivery to the board, drive the month end time table through your team and drive/support all commercial decision making activity.
Interim Head of Commercial Finance - Responsibilities:
- Manage a small and highly qualified team
- Financial Planning, Analysis and commentary
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timely delivery of financial reporting
- Ensure a robust sales forecast is in place by monitoring and challenging this forecast as well as investigating variances to the plan
- Ensure the team are providing reporting analysis to explain the underlying variances against budget and forecast
- Build, manage, track and evaluate investments and promotions to drive profits in line with the annual plan
- Work with Sales & Marketing and Operations to evaluate effectiveness of promotions.
- Provide direction to Sales & Marketing to improve the bottom line, drive sales, revenue and return on investment
- Undertake and drive insightful analysis of all KPI's to monitor and report on the implementation of the overall financial strategy.
Interim Head of Commercial Finance - Experience:
- A fully qualified accountant with FMCG / Retail experience
- Experience of working in growing PE backed business
- Strong commercial finance background
- M&A background desirable
- A strong communicator who is comfortable challenging the status quo
- Strong leadership and motivation of people
- Able to interpret and communicate financial issues to non-finance stakeholders
This role is Private and confidential, no additional information will be released until a CV has been received and positively vetted.