Birmingham, West Midlands
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently looking to recruit a technically minded interim Financial Controller for our medium size financial institution based in Birmingham. This role is available due to an upcoming period of maternity leave coupled with continued growth. The role will be for 12 months. Ideally to start in June 2021, however our client will wait for the right candidate if they are on a short notice period. Working with CFO the role will be responsible for the accurate and timely control of financial and management accounting information. You will manage a team and will support them in their development and studies.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in all areas and work with the senior stakeholder group to contribute to the overall business strategy.
The successful interim Financial Controller will be working for business with a loyal and continually growing customer base.
As the interim Financial Controller, you will have full ownership of the numbers and will provide effective management and leadership of the financial reporting team. Ideal candidates will work with the CFO to identify and implement improvements in financial processes, systems and data. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Review of all relevant accounting, statutory and regulatory reporting standards
- Ensure that all financial and management reporting meet required accounting standards.
- Review and lead cash/liquidity control
- Monitoring of fund movements
- Review and maintenance of balance sheet assets
- Ensure all management accounts, monthly and quarterly are accurate and within agreed timetables.
- Lead on the production of yearend financial statements
- Be the key liaison with external audit teams.
- Preparation and presentation of high-quality board papers
- Support the board in the UK strategic plan and long-term financial modelling.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Review relevant tax implications.
As the successful interim Financial Controller, you will ideally be:
- A fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong track record in financial services
- Experienced in managing teams across both financial and management accounting disciplines.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting, tax and regulatory reporting procedures
- Understanding of IFRS 9
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful interim Financial Controller:
- Salary of £75-£85k on a fixed term basis.
- Competitive bonus structure