Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently looking to recruit a commercially and technically minded Financial Controller for our client based in Birmingham city centre. This role is available due to an upcoming period of maternity leave. The role will be for 12 months and is ideally to start asap, however our client will wait for the right candidate if they are on short notice period. Reporting into the UK FD the role will initially be to understand the role and provide a safe pair of hands but will then look to work with the business on system, process and control improvements. You will manage a small team in Birmingham.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in an SSC that is in its infancy and will change and evolve over the next 12 months.
The successful Financial Controller will be responsible for revenue and will be working for one of the UKs largest logistics businesses. Based at its state-of-the-art offices in Birmingham city centre the company is looking for a positive, down to earth attitude coupled with a desire to really make change as this will be key to the success of this appointment.
As the interim Financial Controller, you will have full ownership of the numbers for revenue accounting and assurance across multiple entities served by the SSC. You will manage a small finance team, focusing on developing and improving process and controls as well as the following: -
- Manage the accounting and reporting of revenue.
- Lead activities to design and implement robust controls.
- Monthly reviews of balance sheet reconciliation
- Ensure revenue is accurately recorded and compliant with IFRS15 and or other applicable standards.
- Work with various key stakeholders across the group to ensure the impact on revenue is understood with new contracts.
- Provide key analysis and commentary on prior and future revenue trends.
- Identify areas of revenue/billing leakage and work with the wider business to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
As the successful Interim Financial Controller, you will ideally be:
- A fully Qualified Accountant. (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent
- Have previous management experience with the ability to coach and support a small team.
- Experience of working in an SSC would be an advantage.
- Have a good understanding of IFRS15 revenue recognition.
- Experience of designing and delivering process and control improvements.
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful interim Financial Controller:
- Salary of £70-80k on a fixed term basis.