Coventry, West Midlands
£60000 - £61000 per annum
11 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently looking to recruit an experienced financial accountant for our market leading client based near Coventry. This role is initially for a period of 6 months but for the right individual could extend or even open up permanent opportunities. Ideally to start asap, however our client will wait for the right candidate if they are on a short notice. Working with the Head of Accounting the role will help ensure the integrity of the UK balance sheet and provide accurate month end, half year and year end numbers.
The successful interim financial accountant/manager will be working for a household name and have regular interaction with both the UK and international finance teams.
As the interim financial accountant/manager, you will have full ownership of the numbers and will manage a small team. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Sox and business control compliance
· Assisting with improving and implementing a robust framework across RTR
· Ensuring accurate close at month end
· Drive process improvements both locally and internationally
· Manage key stakeholders to include finance teams, internal audit and compliance, external audit and non-finance colleagues
As the successful interim financial accountant, you will be:
- A fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Competent technical accountant
- Previous experience in a Sox environment
- Prior experience of governance, risk and control frameworks
- Able to work closely and build relationships with people including non-finance.
- A strong and proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- SAP would be advantageous
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful interim Financial Accountant:
- Salary of £60k on a fixed term basis.