£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
19 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting an established Coventry based business as they seek to appoint an Interim Financial Accountant for an initial minimum period of 6 Months.
You will be playing a key role in delivering the finance transformation objectives and making sure the benefits of the new ERP/ GL are leveraged as the business migrates critical financial accounting processes. A key focus will be on driving improvements to the period close process. You will also support projects as required and act as a deputy for the Senior Manager, Finance Programmes.
You will take responsibility for the following areas:
- Transact to record processes, including customer transactions and banking
- Record to report, including accounting journals, reconciliation, consolidation, month end close and reporting
- Acquire to retire, including fixed assets, projects and leases
- Compliance with the Group's accounting policy and accounting standards
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with the programme team and other key stakeholders, including Treasury and Audit
- Liaise and cooperate with Finance Business Partnering, Accounts Payable, FP&A and other areas of the business as required in order to understand and improve accounting processes and controls;
- Proactively seek to improve financial accounting and reporting processes; adopting standard solutions from the new tooling and delivering transformation outcomes
You will be used to preparing detailed financial analysis and communicating the results to stakeholders in a simple and straight forward way. You will have advanced excel skills and enjoy working with others to solve complex technical challenges.
Our client offers a hybrid working routine with an average of two days a week in the office. This position is paying circa £50,000. Experience working within financial accounting/reporting is essential.
Please only apply if you are available at short notice, at most two weeks.