Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit an experienced interim Finance Manager for a large services business based in Gloucestershire. This role will initially be for a period of 12 months to cover maternity. This will be a highly rewarding post and the client is keen to allow you to put your own stamp on things. Coaching and mentoring a small team is key to this role and you should have previous experience of doing this.
Working with the Financial Controller you will seek out and drive the necessary process, systems and control improvements to deliver an efficient finance function that is fit for purpose.
The successful interim Finance Manager will be working for a well-respected business who have won awards for their products and who have endured the current economic crisis very well. The culture is fast paced, flexible and hardworking and you will be happy to roll your sleeves up when required. The successful candidate will ensure the group operates within a framework of robust financial controls and ensure the team have the necessary skills they need to deliver their job role effectively.
As the interim Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the month end close process, preparation of the company's monthly management accounts, ensuring accuracy of the transactional data, act as Finance Lead with departmental heads including the ownership of departmental P&Ls, and cash flow/working capital reporting. In addition, the role provides support and assistance to the Financial Controller with a particular emphasis on technical accounting matters.
Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Overseeing an accounting team to ensure the timely completion of statutory accounts.
- Hands-on management, support and development of a small team
- Maintain the integrity of accurate management accounts reporting and provide insight to variance analysis and discussions.
- Control over balance sheet reconciliations including full investigations of variances.
- Maintaining a good understanding of technical accounting standards (UK GAAP/ IFRS)
- Ensuring timely completion of group consolidations
- Identify and quantify areas of financial opportunity and risk.
- Work with business partners understanding of actual performance in regard to overhead costs, utilising feedback of key variances to plan.
- Preparation of the weekly cash flow submissions to Group
- Preparation of the monthly working capital reports for inclusion in the board packs
- Ad hoc projects
As the successful interim Finance Manager, you will be / have:
- A fully qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong team management and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels.
- A strong focus on process and controls improvement
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful interim Finance Manager:
- Base salary of £55 -£65K on a fixed term contract