Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £65000 per annum
10 months ago
An exciting opportunity has come up for a market leading brand based near Warwick. They are looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager on a 12-month fixed term contract. This role will support their UK operational and commercial teams and 70% of your time will be true business partnering.
As the Commercial Finance Manager, you will be a fully qualified accountant and will have strong finance business partnering skills. You will be able to work in a very fast-moving environment and will place value on being an integral part of the finance and commercial teams.
You will be working closely with the Finance Director as well as the Sales, Marketing and operational teams and will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to the business.
As the Commercial Finance Manager this role will provide variety and challenge and you will be responsible for driving performance of the business area you represent. The key areas of responsibility are Business Partnering, Budgeting & Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Reporting and Projects which will be successfully completed by the following:
- Establish effective relationships with all members of the senior management team and develop knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Use and manipulate data to provide insightful and concise business information
- Support and advise negotiations with key accounts.
- Work with operational teams to embed continuous improvement and ensure better sourcing decisions
- Monitor and challenge the sales forecast and investigate variances to plan.
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Support the Commercial Director and senior management team with budgeting, forecasting and financial strategy.
- Build, manage, track and evaluate investments and promotions to drive profits in line with the annual plan.
- Work with Sales & Marketing to evaluate effectiveness of promotions.
- Undertake insightful analysis of all KPI's to monitor and report on the implementation of the financial strategy.
- Provide reporting analysis to explain variances against budget and forecast.
As the successful Commercial Finance Manager, you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant with commercial finance experience.
- Have an understanding of BI reporting packages
- Ability to tailor financial information to defined audiences
- A strong team player who is happy to roll their sleeves up.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Commercial Finance Manager:
- Salary of £60K - £65K on a 12-month fixed term contract