£200 - £250 per day + + holiday pay
23 days ago
Interim Accounts Payable Manager / AP Manager
Abingdon based - free parking
£50,000 - £55,000 equivalent + 25 days holiday + pension + bens
Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 at home
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be actively seeking an experienced Interim Accounts Payable Manager, due to continued successes in our clients various divisions. This role will cover the existing AP Manager whilst they are seconded onto a project, so olikely to be 3- 6 months, potentially with a permanent opporunity for the successful candidate.
This Interim Accounts Payable Manager role, will be reporting to the Head of Finance, and will be overseeing/mentoring a team of 6 in the AP department. You will ideally be able to offer suitable, similar, and recent experience (from the UK) and be supportive and confident in leading the team, as well as providing active involvement with process and procedures improvement and looking at improving systems etc.
The successful Interim Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the teams of 6 in Accounts Payable (supported by the AP Team Leader), including performance management and training, and process improvement and systems improvements
- Produce any information and back up as required for external audits or statutory reporting, or any other business need
- Compile payment runs for approval and use of online banking system to generate payments
- Deal with any payment escalations from stakeholders, including attending payment escalation calls
- Process improvement, suggesting and implementing new ways of working
- Ensure all key supplier accounts are fully reconciled on a regular basis and any queries resolved
- Ensuring working capital position is maximised through accurate payment to terms for all suppliers
- Raise ad-hoc business-critical payments in the bank when requested and handle any queries/escalations
- Ensure all such payments are properly recorded in the Finance ERP System and any intercompany transactions are fully posted in both group companies
- Ensure that all AP generated transactions are posted to the bank accounts in a timely fashion and completed according to the month end timetable in order that the Cash & Banking team can complete bank reconciliations
- Oversee supplier relationships and liaising with suppliers where necessary
- Investigation of any purchase order issues
- Work with colleagues throughout the business to ensure problems are understood and resolved
- Management of the Expense processes for all companies including ensuring VAT inputs are correct and the necessary approvals are obtained as well as ensuring they adhere to company policy
- Preparing intercompany recharge journals throughout and at month end for approval
The successful appointed Interim Accounts Payable Manager will receive great support, long-term career development and an opportunity to join a reputable business with long term exciting plans.
Please do get in touch for a full job spec and for further details. My client can interview at very short notice.