Birmingham, West Midlands
about 2 months ago
Accounts Payable Manager - Interim - Birmingham
Our client is busy and getting busier which means that their finance team has lots to do!
They are currently recruiting for someone to join their busy team heading up the Accounts Payable team on an interim basis ensuring that the department runs smoothly and deadlines are met.
In addition, this position will play a key part in influencing and pushing forward the change that is underway and being able to take a look at the business and how it is operating from an Accounts Payable perspective and feeding in to the wider business.
Your duties will include;
- Overseeing all aspects of the Accounts Payable process
- Ensuring that productivity is maximised for all team members providing any necessary training and development where required
- Taking responsibility for cashflow forecasting and processing of weekly BACS payments runs alongside ad hoc payments
- Looking after corporate credit card transactions and performing monthly reconciliations
- Ensuring that suppliers relationships are maintained and addressing any areas of concern or queries and escalating if appropriate
- Purchase ledger control accounts
- Managing month-end close and adhering to strict deadlines
- Implementing achievable KPIs and managing their rollout
- Producing regular and ad hoc reports
The successful candidate will be a proven people manager who is experienced in looking after a transactional team and has a track history of making a difference.
As well as being able to manage a team, the right individual will be someone who is happy to roll their sleeves up and muck in when necessary.
A keen eye for detail is essential as is the ability to look beyond the day-to-day and spot potential areas of concern ahead of issues arising and put in place appropriate measures to address these.