Project Manager - 3-6 months contract - Inside IR35 - 650 a day - Midlands (Fully Remote)
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a nationwide business who are looking to add an experienced Project Manager to their team on a interim basis. We are looking for someone who has a strong infrastructure background mixed with some security project experience. There are currently multiple in-flight projects that will need picking up, so experience of managing a variation of projects is essential.
Type of projects are - Windows 10 roll out - Infrastructure refresh - Security and risk.
- Use in-house PM framework to deliver enterprise-level projects with an appropriate level of planning and governance that provides the right balance of agility and predictability
- Select the appropriate governance approach for each project, bringing the best of Agile or Waterfall to the table
- Manage several concurrent, high profile projects using our in-house project management framework that may cross multiple business units and one or more 3rd party providers. Ensure projects are appropriately planned, organised, lead and reported to meet objectives on time and on budget
- Bring the skills to manage development, infrastructure, and end-user change
- Lead and motivate the Scrum teams assigned to your projects, to deliver against their commitments and remove blockers to the project. Encourage sustainable high performance and quality
- Support the day to day running of the Scrum teams assigned to your projects by ensuring all Agile ceremonies run smoothly and have a productive outcome and impediments are removed
- Empower the project teams so that they are fully engaged in the project and understand the business goals and objectives, so that they feel they are making a valuable contribution to the business
- Manage sponsor and stakeholder expectations of project deliverables. Define, manage and deliver project communications, including progress updates and steering groups
- Drive the practice of minimal viable product, ensuring core features of change are identified and prioritised to deliver early business value. Support the Scrum teams to implement MVP
- Work with the Architecture and Design authorities to ensure that solutions stay within the scope of the project and MVP is always considered
- Responsible for the management of project risks, issues, dependencies and blockers, ensuring they are communicated, managed and mitigated appropriately
- Proactively manage relationships with third parties during project activities; managing delivery performance and adherence to agreed governance
- Manage the people side of change by increasing stakeholder engagement, involvement and adoption to minimise resistance