£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
Information Security Engineer - £60,000 - £70,000 - Bracknell
I am currently working with a business within the financial services sector who are looking for an IT Security Engineer to join their team. This position is a newly created role to work closely with the wider infrastructure team as the SME on cyber security.
The ideal candidate will have several years' experience across information security including governance and hands on technical (Firewalls, loads balancers etc)
- 5+ years of experience in information security, especially in a security engineering role
- Technical expertise in network security knowledge, to include VPN, Firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security
- Strong knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Practical experience with database security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning, and anti-malware
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g.: Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- Proven experience of configuring and managing F5, Palo Alto and Cisco
- Proven experience of securing Windows operating systems and the Microsoft SaaS cloud platform
If you have the required experience and you would like to find out more about this position, please apply here.