Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently looking for a Information Security Consultant to start an immediate contract position which is looking to provide information and cyber security consultancy for a global business based in the Midlands.
The consultant will be responsible for ensuring data and systems are adequately protected and compliant with legislation, business requirements and best practice. This includes engaging with projects to ensure that security is embedded throughout the project lifecycle to ensure solutions meet the security requirements of the business.
- Work with project teams, including technical IT staff, to help facilitate successful project delivery and ensure that information security requirements are adequately incorporated based on a risk management approach
- Assistance to the CISO and IT Leadership team in the delivery and maintenance of the information security control requirements and strategy of the business.
- An excellent awareness of IT security technology and best practice
- Recognised information security certificate is desirable e.g. Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified information Security Manager (CISM), CESG Certified Professional (CCP) or similar.
- Experience of ISO27001 and working with Information Security Management System
- Proven experience in conducting risk assessments and used recognised information security risk assessment methodologies e.g. IRAM2, IS1&2
- Implementation of controls and risk mitigation / management
- Current knowledge of the IT threat environment, the threat actors and the impact of these on system security
- Experience in balancing the provision of IT security controls and measures which adequately protect data and systems
- Experience in successful working as part of a team and in actively contributing to overall team deliverables