Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £50000 per annum + plus benefits
4 months ago
Are you a Category Manager with experience of general indirects? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge, where you can join a growing, developing department?
I'm recruiting for a Category Manager to join a procurement function based in Birmingham. This is a hybrid role with 2 days in the office and the rest at home.
As Indirect Category Manager you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining procurement best practices and supplier management disciplines, while also supporting related process improvement initiatives. You will manage suppliers commercial bid process, negotiation of terms and conditions, assessing risks and implementing suitable strategies and develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders. You will also design and manage procurement category plans and project plans for individual initiatives. You will be responsible for driving continual improvement of existing suppliers and contracts, while managing contract lifecycles and timescales effectively.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following:
- Previous experience in a procurement role
- Ideally CIPS qualified
- Strong commercial acumen, with extensive and relevant experience of drafting and reviewing commercial terms, contracting and subsequent vendor management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to structure RFPs, evaluate RFPs against a broad set of evaluation criteria and provide recommendations for vendor selection.
- Strong communication, internal customer and stakeholder management skills; proven ability to operate in a complex and diverse stakeholder environment.
- Proven influencing skills and ability to work collaboratively
In return you will receive a salary of circa £50,000 plus benefits
If you meet the above criteria, please do not hesitate to apply