We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to support my clients 24/7 operation providing high-quality advice on all HR issues. Reporting directly to one of our HR Business Partners, the successful candidate will help to support the rest of the HR team based at our distribution centre to provide HR solutions, to support the team with large case loads, running and implementing projects and managing the day to day HR activities which, in turn will support the achievement of the business strategy.
This opportunity is ideal for a Senior HR Advisor or HR Manager with previous warehouse operations experience looking to take the next step in their career and wanting to gain experience in a fast paced and forward-thinking, global online retailer.
Your day-to-day duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing people plans that directly support the achievement of business goals
- Ensuring there is a people plan for each area, focusing on key business projects/initiatives
- Utilising HR functions to support the delivery of business projects/initiatives pulling on expertise as and when required
- Using management information, HR stats and feedback to identify opportunities to improve business performance, incorporating action plans into people planning document
- Participating in / lead working parties/projects that support the delivery of HR initiatives.
- Building honest, open and challenging business relationships which can be leveraged to make things happen whilst maintaining an independent position
- Coaching, supporting, mentoring and challenging managers in the application of HR Policies and practices, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk
- Overseeing full HR support to employees and senior stakeholders within a busy HR office
- Providing guidance on ER issues, performance management and other HR matters
- Communicating new Company policies, procedures, and initiatives within the Business ensuring implementation and understanding.
Talent Management / Succession Planning
- Supporting the senior team to actively manage the careers of their people utilising people review tools and L&D solutions
- Regularly map population using talent matrix, ensuring individuals managed appropriately based on matrix position
- Actively developing an internal talent pipeline
- Working with Resourcing to anticipate sourcing needs based on business planning processes, highlighting business-critical roles and roles without internal successors
- Utilising L&D resources to support succession planning by supporting and promoting L&D programmes whilst also utilising the team to put together bespoke programmes for individuals.
- Supporting to deliver the completion of the annual review process
- Supporting to deliver and manage the annual Staff Survey, staff forums and associated activities
- Updating, reviewing of our benefits package.
Hours of work:
Late shift hours between Monday and Friday. Working hours will vary between 12pm - 8pm or 3pm - 11pm, (options to be discussed further at interview stage)
Based at Moreton on Lugg Business Park, Hereford (Remote working is not available for this role)