Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£24000 - £26000 per annum
3 months ago
My client, a world leading provider of contract logistics and international freight forwarding, are seeking a HR Assistant to provide accurate and timely HR administration and HR support to the Regional HR Manager, HR Officer and site management.
The Successful HR Assistant will need to ensure HR processes and procedures are carried out in line with Company policy and HR administration checklists. The role will be to provide generalist HR support to operational management on a range of day to day operational HR issues, policies and procedures, as well as attendance at investigation/disciplinary and consultation meetings.
As the HR Assistant, you will work in a regional role covering up to 7 sites, therefore you must have the flexibility to travel.
The HR Assistant role will involve:
- Preparing standard documents for starters and leavers, contractual changes, and sickness information.
- Updating the HR database and keeping employee data and information up to date and accurate at all times.
- Maintaining employee records and personnel files.
- Administering new joiner's documentation, including obtaining employment references.
- Communicating existing HR policies and procedures to employees and managers as and when required.
- Preparing reports and presentations for internal communications.
- Supporting and coordinating HR projects, initiatives and meetings.
- Attending disciplinary hearings and giving advice alongside the Regional HR Manager & Officer.
- Supporting the recruitment process
- Conducting exit interviews
- Proven HR experience within a multi-site HR role.
- CIPD (Level 3) Qualified
- Familiar with all HR Policies and Procedures.
- Employment law awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Administer, document and report effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work according to business requirements.
- Flexible approach to hours of work.
- Must have a clean UK driving licence and be willing to travel across the sites covered.