Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum + Benefits
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a rapidly-expanding professional services business based in Birmingham, who are seeking a HR Assistant to join their team.
Reporting in to the Group HR Manager, you will have accountability for all HR administration, supporting the HR division, as well as managers and employees by administering and providing advice on HR processes and queries to provide a compliance employee service.
About the HR Assistant Role
- Acting as the first point of contact for all general HR queries including responsibility for managing the general HR Mailbox.
- Process all employment changes ranging from issuing offers of employment to new starters, promotions; changes to terms and conditions; changes to pension and benefits; processing of leavers; reference letters
- Complete all pre-employment checks including references, right to work documentation and DBS checks.
- Manage the onboarding of new employees
- Manage the payroll and benefit administration process
- Support with wider projects including salary review; bonus targets and payments; performance management, benefit renewal and engagement
- Co-ordinate and management of internal training
- Completion of all off boarding employees; sending separation letters, as well as conducting, tracking and analysing exit interviews
- Assist with employee relations activity when required, including organising meetings, taking and circulating notes from meetings
- Identify opportunities for improving processes and services to employees
- Issue weekly and monthly reports
- Maintain the HR Portal to ensure that our people information is kept up to date
The ideal candidate will:
- 1-2yrs+ experience of working in a similar role
- CIPD Accredited or working towards a qualification desirable
- Competent in using Excel, Work and PowerPoint
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- At all times exercise the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion
- Take responsibility for quality of own work
- Able to take initiative and ownership of issues, projects; is proactive, has a 'can-do' attitude
- Understanding managing and closing of enquires
- Accurate escalation and referral when required
- Offers help and support and has good team collaboration
- High energy, enjoys working in a high-pressured environment and is able to multi-task and switch between tasks