HR/Payroll Administrator based in Hull - 6-month contract
Are you a experienced HR/Payroll Administrator looking for an exciting new challenge?
If so, I could have the perfect role for you.
I'm currently recruiting for a fantastic global company based in Hull who have created a new role within their HR Team on a 6-month contract. They're looking for an outgoing and switched-on candidate who's able to add value and dedication to the team, in return for great commercial exposure across the HR function.
The ideal candidate maybe working toward CIPD or have experience of covering HR/Payroll in a similar position. You'll have great all round HR responsibilities supporting 3 managers across the business.
Supporting the 3 areas you'll -
- Gather information on hours worked for employees. Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees.
- Writing and posting job descriptions for career websites, newspapers and job boards.
- Source candidates by using databases and social media.
- Evaluate and screen CV's and cover letters when required.
- Help the hiring team with recruiting.
- Contact new employees and prepare onboarding sessions.
- Assist with payroll and HR projects i.e. employee feedback/engagement/focus groups/benefits.
- Support the generalist HR function as required.
- Have up-to date knowledge of employment law to advise staff on HR policies and compile letters and amendments to contracted terms and conditions and keep up to date personnel records//files
Skills and abilities:
- Proven experience as HR payroll administrator/officer and recruiting co-ordinator or recruiter.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant/candidate tracking systems, social media/LinkedIn.
- Very good knowledge of HR legislation and regulations of the field.
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases.
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritise and complete projects on time with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
The role will be mainly remote based. There may be times when you will need go into the Hull office but majority of the time you will be working from home.