Birmingham, West Midlands
£31000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Do you have experience in an Advisor capacity? Do you have strong HR/Employment law knowledge? Would you like to join the HR of a leading Professional services organisation based in Birmingham? If yes then this opportunity could be for you. I am recruiting an experienced HR Advisor on a Maternity contract for 9-12 months.
The successful HR Advisor will work alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach, offering clear HR advice and support to line managers and staff. Specific responsibilities will include matters regarding performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and recruitment. As an integral member of the HR team, the post holder will also support the development of HR policies, procedures and systems, and lead and participate in projects, representing the department both internally and externally.
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
* To work alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach.
* To support and offer clear HR advice and/or coaching to line and department managers in day to day management and development of staff and through people policies, process-es and systems regarding induction, performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and exit.
* To be responsible for recruitment activities for fee-earning (and other) staff across certain departments in the firm, including clarifying the requirement for the vacancy, supporting the case for authorisation, writing and reviewing job descriptions, placing advertisements, selecting candidates including short-listing and interviewing and securing job offers.
* To support the development of resourcing and talent pipeline initiatives and to outwork them through external and internal recruitment activities, performance management process and other people processes
To carry out this role you will need the following skills and experience:
* Genuine passion for working as a member of a HR team, with the desire to continue to learn and develop professionally
* Flexible, with a 'can do' and proactive approach
* Strong coordination and organisational skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Detail-orientated and able to take ownership of tasks
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Professional outlook in all matters of conduct and communications
* Willing to show occasional flexibility in order to attend interviews or represent the firm out-side of working
* hours with reasonable notice.
* Good drafting skills for the drafting of recruitment adverts and other HR related documents
* A well-developed understanding of issues in relation to equality and diversity.
* Good IT skills including the ability to confidently use Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience in using HR systems and databases
In return, the successful HR Advisor will receive a salary of up to £33000 dependent upon experience along with an excellent benefits package and the prospect of working for an excellent recognised brand where there is a wealth of opportunity for progression.