My client is an independent, family run distribution company who have over 50 years experience. The company has had rapid growth and currently a market leader in the UK, who have expanded in to Europe, with a view towards further international expansion in the future.
The successful HR Advisor will be exposed to a professional and supportive working environment. They are looking for like minded people who are passionate about people services and who are a real HR generalist, to join them on their ongoing expansion.
Working within a small HR team, the successful HR Advisor will be reporting directly into the Head of HR. The company has two sites, a Distribution Centre and a head office. The HR Advisor will cover the 2 sites which are situated on the outskirts of Birmingham's city centre, and both sites have free on site parking.
As the successful HR Advisor, the role will involve:
- Assisting with the management of employee relations
- Providing advice to managers on policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Recruitment Manager to ensure that all aspects of recruitment and selection are progressed and completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Providing support with profiling the statistics for the HR metrics and take forward actions from the analysis
- Contribute to the development; implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures based on relevant legislation
- Proactively assisting managers in managing absence in line with company policy
- Providing advice to employees and managers on general HR issues
- Conducting investigations, disciplinary hearings and grievances
- Advising and supporting managers throughout informal and formal procedures including disciplinary, grievance, capability, redundancy and the conduct of sickness absence review meetings ensuring adherence to Company policies
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships
It would be highly beneficial for you to have:
- CIPD Qualification (Desirable)
- 3 years experience of managing employee relations casework.
- Experience of using HR databases
- Experience of advising on employment law, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- An understanding of relevant employment law and recent case law outcomes
- In depth knowledge of employee relations processes and procedures
- Ability to be proactive and to use initiative is essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to innovate and introduce improvements