Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £36000.00 per annum + + Benefits
about 1 month ago
My client is looking to recruit an HR Advisor, based out of our Head Office in Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry, to cover their Head Office and Central Region.
Key Core Duties:
- You will provide a first class HR Advisor service to managers and employees.
- To be the initial contact for the resolution of ER issues and the interpretation, communication and revision of HR policy as well as project leading on key business and HR related initiatives for the operational sites.
- Work in partnership with managers on performance management, employee relations, resourcing and staff management/development.
- Provide professional advice and support to business managers dealing with individual performance issues (capability, conduct, attendance and health), grievances and employee relations issues.
- Ensure these are dealt with fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements.
- Co-ordinate and attend regular HR Surgeries in conjunction with the Employee Communication Group (ECG) and Learning and Development Department within your business area to promote a pro-active approach.
- Work closely with HR colleagues to monitor, review and update all policies and procedures in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Support and project lead where necessary on key HR initiatives.
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to HR Coordinator team.
* You will be a knowledgeable down to earth HR Generalist with excellent experience in ER, reward, performance management, TUPE, redundancy and involvement in projects.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Well organised and accustomed to working autonomously and flexibly within a face paced working environment.
* Ability to quickly build personal and functional credibility with operational colleagues. *Excellent level of IT skills - MS Excel, Word and Power point.
* Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
* Ability to work nights as required in a 24/7 operational business.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to influence Managers, team Leaders and employees.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective relationships.
* Self-confident with the ability to challenge and 'push back' in an appropriate manner.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
* Self-motivated and ability to prioritise.
* Team Player.
* Ability to demonstrate integrity and a professional demeanour
* Ability to multi task.
* Sound judgement.
* Able to maintain confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive material.
* Have an eye for detail with a high level of accuracy.
Qualifications: * CIPD qualified - desirable