Birmingham, West Midlands
£28000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
My client, a well-established legal firm, are currently looking for an experienced HR Advisor on a 9 month maternity cover fixed term contract to join their team based in Birmingham City Centre.
As the successful HR Advisor you will be working within a structured HR team to provide generalist HR advice across the business and to support with the recruitment function, liaising with hiring managers and 3rd parties.
- Working alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach.
- Providing clear HR advice and/or coaching to line and department managers in day to day management and development of staff and through people policies, processes and systems regarding induction, performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and exit.
- Promoting and encouraging a positive culture and engaged workforce in all interactions with staff and managers - proactively helping managers consider actions that work towards ensuring staff are healthy, empowered, motivated and retained.
- Taking responsibility for recruitment activities, including clarifying the requirement for the vacancy, supporting the case for authorisation, writing and reviewing job descriptions, placing advertisements, selecting candidates including short-listing and interviewing and securing job offers.
- Taking responsibility for HR and firm projects as determined in line with priorities and team resource.
It would be highly beneficial for you to have:
- CIPD Qualification (desirable)
- 3 years' minimum experience at a HR Advisor level
- Previous exposure to a professional services environment
- Experience of using HR databases
- Experience of advising on employment law, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- In depth knowledge of employee relations processes and procedures
- Ability to be proactive and to use initiative is essential
- Experience of recruiting within a business and building external relationships