Birmingham, West Midlands
£26000 - £29000 per annum
6 months ago
My client, a business services organisation, are currently going through a period of growth and are looking for a HR Advisor on a fixed term contract for 10 months. The company works nationwide, but you will be based at their head office in the South of Birmingham.
Working within a structured HR team, the successful HR Advisor will be reporting directly into the HR Business Partner, proving customer focused HR advise and services to all employees, in line with organisational policies and procedures. As the HR advisor you will also be responsible for the management of administration systems and processes to continue the improvement of specific portfolios within the employee life cycle.
As the successful HR Advisor, the role will involve:
- Supporting and leading on the delivery of all key life cycle HR operational activities including but not exclusive to; Recruitment and Selection, Induction and on boarding, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Learning & Development including being a key contact Organisational Change and Design and Health and Well being.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all queries and issues and provision of accurate and timely information and advice, escalating where appropriate.
- Supporting the HR function in transformational activities and project work as directed by the HR Business Partner and Head of HR.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure the delivery of quality services and systems to meet organisational and stakeholder expectations and requirements.
- Creating and reviewing Management Information (MI) to contribute to the delivery of analytics and reports
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records of Employee Relation issues.
- Being responsible for accurate maintenance of data in the HR Systems, including payroll, benefits and pension information.
It would be highly beneficial for you to have:
- CIPD Qualification (desirable)
- Experience of using HR databases
- Previous experience of project work (desirable)
- Experience of advising on employment law, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- An understanding of relevant employment law and recent case law outcomes
- Knowledge of employee relations processes and procedures
- Ability to be proactive and to use initiative is essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to innovate and introduce improvements