4 months ago
Highways Engineer - Cardiff
I am currently seeking a Highways Engineer is a key position in this organisation with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility and concept design, buildability, value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract specifications.
You shall implement projects effectively and commercially to meet the requirements of the brief, quality standards, health and safety and environmental standards to both national and corporate standards, applying all project management requirements including clear communications, reporting, financial management and customer relationship management You will also have a key role in the project team, contributing to the delivery of a variety of projects covering a range of complexities.
What you will be doing:
· Preparing detailed design highway improvement schemes to DMRB standards using Civils' 3D and AutoCAD software including preparation of contract drawings.
· Undertaking feasibility studies for highways projects including the preparation of reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
· Preparing schemes for tender using the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and Specification for Highway Works.
· Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
· The ability to set and work to personal deadlines and targets to meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients' needs and to respond to targets set by others.
· Able to assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.
· Contributing to the delivery of highway projects to with their Joint Venture clients within budget and timescale.
· To demonstrate excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level.
· Ensuring compliance of the team's work with a high regard to Health and Safety and the application of the CDM Regulations and other legislation.
What we're looking for:
· A Bachelors or MSc in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will be actively working towards Incorporated or Incorporated Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (IEng MICE).
· A minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation, and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
· Proven knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards, and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
· Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes, and Codes of Practice.
What's in it for you?
· A competitive basic salary
· 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
· The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for the business's charity partners or a cause of your choice.
· Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
· Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
· Access to their Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
Interested in a chat?
Drop me an email with your CV or you can click the apply now button and your CV should be sent directly to myself in which I will endeavour to give you a response as soon as I can.