Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £32000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Health & Safety Officer
Are you passionate about Health & Safety looking for an opportunity to take on more responsibility, take the lead and continue your personal development?
My client are looking for and Health & Safety officer to be part of the management team based in Birmingham. You will have responsibility on site with support and of the H&S Controller who over looks multiple sites.
For this i am looking for someone to be a key member of the Site Management with a hands on approach to ensure all aspects of Health & Safety on sites are adhered to.
You will need to prioritise and organise an often varying and changing workload with differing levels of pressure whilst always maintaining a positive can-do attitude.
You need to be able to travel occasionally within the UK to our other sites and customer offices.
Accidents, Incidents & Near Misses:
- Investigate wherever there is a serious risk of an accident or incident occurring and ensure the Health & Safety Controller is made aware of the issue.
- Investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Maintain statistics regarding accidents, incidents and near misses to recognise any trends.
- Complete all report paperwork and ensure reports are reviewed by appropriate department heads before filing.
Auditing and Inspections:
- Conduct inspections, surveys, safety tours or audits as agreed with the Health & Safety Controller. Ensure the results of such monitoring are publicised in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure all areas and departments are inspected and cross inspected by respective Safety Representatives.
- Results of all site safety inspections should be collated, and statistics kept to recognise any trends; items of concern should be reported to the department head and Health & Safety Controller.
- Conduct appropriate inspections including Fire Extinguisher checks, Fire Door Surveys, PPE reviews, Fire Alarm tests, Fire drills when required to comply with minimum legal requirements
- Ensure Health and Safety Management meetings are held and Health & Safety Committee meetings are held with management support from the Health & Safety Controller.
- Ensure appropriate minutes are documented; kept on file; and are publicised in an appropriate manner.
- Follow up Safety Items which result from the meetings with the appropriate department head and Health & Safety Controller.
COSHH: Manage all aspects of group COSHH requirements from register(s) to data sheets and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety training plan is up to date and existing employees are appropriately trained as per the training matrix.
- Ensure new employees have either current appropriate certification or are trained accordingly to ensure compliance with training matrix needs.
- Ensure new employees receive the appropriate Health & Safety Induction.
Ensure monthly reporting is completed and sent to the Health & Safety Controller to ensure wider reporting within Eclor/Agrial.
- GCSE's including Maths and English.
- Relevant equivalent (Minimum NVQ 2)
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- IOSH or ideally NEBOSH
- Experience of working within Food Manufacturing Health & Safety Team or Compliance or Quality Team.
- Desired experience of SAP systems
- Salary £32,000
- Use of pool car for travel across sites
- Fuel expenses for travel between sites