£20 - £45000 per annum
4 months ago
This is a Global organisation who grows through making multiple acquisitions globally. The role of Head Office Accountant will report directly into the Head of Accounting and will liaise with group wide Finance teams located globally.
Main purpose of the role
This role is to support the group finance team in accounting for the holding companies as well as the associated reporting tasks.
- Take ownership of the trial balances for all UK holding companies, including review and finalisation of accruals, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and management of intercompany balances
- Support the monthly reporting process for uploading trial balances, forecasts and other related information into group reporting systems (SAP BPC)
- Prepare reconciliations between actual, budget & forecast costs
- Support the group reporting team during month-end through reviews of data submissions and liaison with local finance teams around Europe
- Work with operational finance team to manage approval and payment of invoices for UK holding companies
- Perform calculation & invoicing in respect of cost recharges and management service charges from the head office to all subsidiaries, in line with principles agreed with Tax Manager.
- Support the audit process for the holding companies
- Build strong working relationships with the finance teams across Europe.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Part-qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA), with good experience of head office accounting, general financial accounting and management accounting.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
- Experience of Sage or similar book-keeping software
- Experience of dealing with colleagues in different time zones and cultures (US/Europe/SA), language skills potentially an advantage.
There is a good package with this role including an attractive study package. There is also the opportunity for good career progrssion opportunities.